Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Introduction


I'm a 35 yr old male living with a dreadful condition called Cystic Fibrosis. I won't go into explaining what it is, as I have done so for so long. I'm waiting for a lung transplant and have been waiting for 4 long years. It's been hell.

I'm married with two kids and love all of them dearly. My wife has MS and struggles at time, but she is one go-getter and has put a terrific fight. Always going strong, you go girl.

My last visit to the doctor found me at 146lbs, 5' 11" and 18% lung capacity. I do lung treatments 2-3 times a day, more if I'm not doing well, and vest treatments twice daily.

I've got quite a regimen of medications which I might post later. For now I just want to get the formalities out of the way.

I love movies, Lord of the Rings is one of my favorites. I own all the extended editions which I have seen at least 5 times a piece. Still working on commentaries for all three. I play the card game for Lord that is made my Decipher Inc. A fun and enjoyable game that gets better and better after each expansion release.

Video games are a second favorite of mine. X-Box and computer games alike, I can't seem to get enough. Splinter Cell, NFS Underground, Jet Set Radio, Civilization, Caesar III, Command & Conquer just to name a few.

I did the dishes earlier and was gasping for breath after I finished. I stumbled into the living room, grabbed my portable nebulizer and went to the bathroom, I had an overwhelming urge to urinate. Staring at the floor, gasping into my neb, all I thought was "I don't want to go like this." I was scaring myself for the first time in a long time. I stayed up all night because I was afraid to go to sleep and I was too focused on my breathing. I'm not sure if I would have slept anyways.

I'm doing better now, hopefully by resting today I can build up my strength again.

Til next time, I'm done.