Sunday, June 04, 2006

Update - Long Overdue


Well, not alot has happened since my last post. Ok, maybe alot has happpened. Let me go over these things.

Christmas was enjoyable and we had friends and family come over and celebrate. A week after, my wife found out about a home ownership program through the section 8 program. She looked into it and thought it was something we should participate in.

My wife attended several classes for cleaning up our credit and preparing us for purchasing our first home. This was something that she was already in the process of doing, so some of the thing being taught was old hat for her.

Around this time, I started being worked up for a lung transplant over at Baylor Hospital of Dallas, and get on the list over there. The staff is most wonderful and a great releif from the treatment I was getting at my old hospital.

February 25th, 2006 we closed on our first home, 4 Bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 living areas, 2 car garage, sprinkler system, 2098 sq feet for $135,000. We absolutely love our new place. Its a long way from apartment living and little bit of culture shock.

May 24th, 2006 I had all of my teeth pulled, I am now toothless, and what a relief it is. I found out that I had two impacted wisdom teeth and they might have been causing alot of problems, like chronic pain, lethargy, neck and back pain. I am in much better spirits and feeling 110% better. I even purchased a cake for my doctors to show my appreciation for what they did.

I hit lvl 60 on World of Warcraft. Woo hoo!!!. Althought this is a minor detail in my everyday life, I feel it is an accomplishment in itself. I finally can start finishing the game that I have been playing for months.

I found a great blog of a couple that recently got married and are spending their honeymoon traveling around the world. They were both Television hosts on the cable channel G4TV - Attack of the Show (previously The Screen Savers). Check them out here.

That is about all I can think of at this point, till next time.

I'm Done