Saturday, January 15, 2005

Tournament Day - 11 Players

I didn't get much rest last night. I tossed and turned all night long. I was coughing and my arthritis was bothering me as well. I had to get up twice last night and do extra lung treatments to help with the cough. I finally was able to get to sleep around 5 AM. I got up around 10 or so. My arthritis was still bothering me then too.

My dad was going to the tournament today after a meeting in Ft. Worth, since no one showed up, he called and said he would give me a ride there. He was able to arrive early enough to take my wife and I to the patch study. I'm always happy to travel with my father, I can usually stay longer and play a few more games after the tournament as well.

My chest was slightly tight, but it eased up as the day went along. I didn't lose my breath or have a bad coughing fit today. I was event able to keep a good pace around the building when I stopped to get copies at the copy store.

I was expecting 16 people to show, but my brother in law fell ill and wasn't able to attend. I always ask that people stay home it they are coming down with something. My immune system is not up to par living with CF and I can catch cold very easily. Flu and pnuemonia are not fun to deal with in the hospital. Long days and painful nights.

11 people showed up, including myself, and we had a great time. The players from Ft. Worth won the bounty, as they always seem to. I need to build a good deck and waste these suckers. Playing for fun is great and all, but I'm tired of seeing the same people win all the time. Next time will be different. I will not leave without a win again.

Today was a good day for me, again. I was a little afraid that I might have an attack, but I was able to slow down and steady my breathing to keep myself from doing just that.

Tomorrow is the last day of the patch. $180 coming our way. Otherwise, I think it is a day of rest tomorrow. Maybe a little house cleaning, but mostly rest. I think I'm ready for that.

I'm Done.