Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hospital Stay?


Today I found that my bloodsugar was really high. I checked it today and it was at 383. Anything above 200 and it starts doing damage to my body. So, I took some insulin. I rarely have to do this, but I did. About an hour and a half later, I bottomed out at a bloodsugar of 38. I was nausious, dizzy and not feeling well at all. I had a coke, some ensure and later had some ravioli's. I'm back to normal now. Thank you insulin.

The past three days I have been coughing up phlem that is green in color. This is a sign that I have an infection in my lungs. I've been short of breath, my appetite is lacking and I'm not moving around that much. I called the doctor to get an antibiotic. The clinic gave me a prescription for Bactrum. They said if I'm not feeling better by Friday, I need to come in to the hospital for a "Tune Up", as they call it. It's a 7-10 day stay in the hospital to get back my strength, but lately, the stay for me has lasted up to 3 weeks. I hope I feel better by Friday. I don't really want to be in the hospital again.

Wed night happened again tonight. I finally beat the friend who has stomped on my ever since I've known him. I get such a feeling of accomplishment from that, I'm not sure why, but I do. It's good to be top dog.

I'm Done.