Monday, February 14, 2005

Under The Weather


I do not feel so good today. Wife and kids have both been suffering from a stomach virus and now I feel that I may be coming down with it. I woke up today with a mild scratchy throat and no energy. We went to the patch today, which went very well, and I started feeling a little dizzy after we left. Wife was feeling crappy, so I dropped her off at the house and I went and made a deposit at the bank. $50 from watching a neighbor's child after school for a week. It's only 2-3 hours a day, and we can use the extra cash.

I got home and we all took a short nap. I went to the oldest child's room to watch some television, I was out of breath just going around the corner. The phone was ringing off the hook today, and walking from his room to the phone was taking every ounce of energy I had to make it there. I did about 4 neb treatments today because of my shortness of breath. I'm really tired now.

I was supposed to cook dinner, but I was spent. We ended up ordering pizza and we all had 1-2 pieces each. I usually eat 4-5 pieces, feeling bad ruins my appetite. I am the cooker of the house. Wife absolutely despises cooking and is very grateful that I know how to cook and do it well too. Just some days I am unable to do so, and we either order out or wife cooks.

I'm coughing more, I feel my lungs sticking to the walls of my chest (I breath in and it feels like a bubble in my lungs, it hurts to breath in to a certain point, then it pops after breathing in fast and hard, easing the pain), I have very little energy, my appetite is down and I am very sleepy. I'm not sure how much sleep I will get tonight, because my coughing gets worse at night when I am in a prone postition. The drainage either from swallowing or my nose irritates my throat alot. I sometimes wake up coughing. It's not comfortable at all.

I will have to see how I am doing tomorrow, I might have to cancel Wednesday night cards this week.

That's all for tonight. I'm Done.